The types of energy ASUS uses are water, electricity and gas. For ASUS itself does not generate energy, the energies are purchased from the designated party. Electricity is used for the operation, including air conditions, lightings, and machine power; gas is used for dining and the heating of tanks.
ASUS promote energy saving projects to save on the costs in energy costs and thus reduce operation costs, increase margin profits, company competitiveness and performance. These projects focus on managerial and technical level of implementations for the cost saving in the following three areas: air condition, power and water.
- Reviewing opportunities for reducing the energy usage of the air-conditioning systems through:
- Installing a frequency conversion device for the air-conditioning.
- Changing air-conditioning operation timing mode from 24 hours into only when required.
- Conducting regular maintenance of the equipment.
- Adjusting ice-water temperature.
- Installing time dependent controls for each floor.
- Reviewing opportunities for reducing the energy usage in the power system through:
- Installing time dependent floor electricity and lighting controls.
- Improving the efficiency of electricity power.
- Changing the low energy-efficient devices to high energy-efficient ones.
- Controlling the elevator operation time on off-peak and in non-working days.
- Reviewing opportunities for reducing the energy usage in water through:
- Installing water saving equipment on the faucet.
- Increasing the water recycling basins.
ASUS set an energy saving target each year and plan the projects to achieve the reduction in water and electricity consumption. When we build a new site, we will integrate the energy saving into the layout and use of equipments, implementing though the idea of “to control at source”. Currently, energy saving projects help save up significant amount of energy consumption.