Audit Office assists Board of Directors and the top management to independently, objectively assess the completeness, validity and implementation of ASUS Group internal control system.
It properly submits improvement proposals to assure that the internal control system
proceed continuously. In accordance with the assignments by Board of Directors and the top management, Audit Office conducts relevant investigation, assessment or consultation to assist Board of Directors and top management to fulfill responsibilities.
Audit Office is under Board of Directors with a Chief Audit Executive to manage company audits and supervise Audit Office . The appointment and dismissal of Chief Audit Executive shall be approved by Board of Directors. There are several auditors to conduct periodical, irregular audit, as well as and special projects of ASUS Group.
Internal Audit Operation provides Asus Group the following services:
- Annual audit of headquarter: Internal auditors shall frame annual audit proposals in accordance with risk assessment, and relevant regulations Audit proposals shall be approved by Board of Directors prior to implementation. The annual audit includes but not limited to operational audit and compliance with law audit.
- Special project audit: In accordance with the operational and managerial need of the Board of Directors and the top management, irregular special project auditing would be executed.
- Annual self-assessment of internal control system: Audit Office annually coordinates "selfassessment of internal control" that requires the executors of the department to periodically evaluate the rationality of, implementation of, and the effectiveness of all operational control items. Through the reviews of the "self-assessment of internal control" report by Audit Office, the evaluated result is submitted to Board of Directors and the top management.
- Subsidiary audit: In accordance with the annual audit plan or the request from Board of Directors, Audit Office conducts periodical or irregular audit to evaluate and assure the business objective achievement, reliability of financial reporting and adequacy of internal control system. Audit office assists to assure the performance enhancement of, regulation compliance of and effectiveness and efficiency of operations of a subsidiary.
- Consulting service: Audit Office provides operational effectiveness improvement advice and internal control system consulting service in order to enhance effectiveness and efficiency of business operations.
For above duties, Audit Office shall submit reports and working papers including evaluation of internal control systems and business operations. In order to determine the appropriateness of current regulations and control procedures, and the rationality of the implementation of internal control and of the advantage for managerial and operational units, Audit Office shall provide improvement proposals adequately.
The auditors shall uphold detached independence, objective fair stance, truth-seeking spirit and modest, honest, diligent, agile, brave attitude to perform duties. The auditors shall ensure that the internal control system is implemented continuously and effectively, and assist the managerial level to fulfill obligations.